Wednesday, August 8, 2012

May your fountain be blessed, and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth.

Proverbs 5

1May your fountain be blessed,
    and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth.
19 A loving doe, a graceful deer —
    may her breasts satisfy you always,
    may you ever be intoxicated with her love.

20 Why, my son, be intoxicated with another man’s wife?
    Why embrace the bosom of a wayward woman?

I have never physically been unfaithful to Lisa and I never expect to be...yet from time to time I do become intoxicated with other women either because of their beauty or qualities they have - and this is clearly sin!  I do believe also that God is growing in my heart and yesterday's reading demonstrates that drawing near to God is the only way to protect yourself.  Fix your eyes on Jesus to protect your heart and all else will flow from there, including other tactics you can use to protect yourself from sin.

My Prayer: Lord, You are SO patient with me....that my growth in You is sometimes non existent (either because I choose not to come to You or because I am not obedient in other ways) or very slow to grow.  I have become intoxicated with other women - including yesterday!  I thank You that You love me anyway and for Your patience with me.  Please forgive me and also help me grow in Christ.