Friday, August 31, 2012

The one who has knowledge uses words with restraint, and whoever has understanding is even-tempered.

Proverbs 17

The one who has knowledge uses words with restraint,
    and whoever has understanding is even-tempered. v27

I know I can be very strong willed and opinionated and when not restrained, this can lead to words used in a way that is not Godly (sin).  A few days ago an interaction with my boss did not go well and I was sinful in terms of how I dealt with my boss.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, Your words are always good - whether for encouragement or for rebuke.  You are SO patient with me.  This is truly amazing - I am not worth of such patience.  I have sinned and while I am thankful that You love me anyway I do pray that You will forgive me and help me use words with restraint and to be even tempered.