Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The simple believe anything, but the prudent give thought to their steps.

Proverbs 14

The simple believe anything,
    but the prudent give thought to their steps. v15

I am easily swayed by my own thoughts and desires...and this is a symptom of what is in my heart.  This is of course a danger and a battle as is believing in any God or Truth other than Jesus Christ.  In a previous post on Proverbs, I read about guarding my heart.  

God also gives us free will and wants us to exercise it - of course following His leading and guidance.  It is prudent to plan.

My Prayer: Lord, You have always provided for me and I have never experienced a period of hunger or drought.  There have been dark periods but You have always lifted me up.  That You love me as much as You do is amazing because I am prideful, impatient, and lazy.  I thank You that You love me anyway, but please forgive me Lord and help me be more like You.