Friday, August 3, 2012

Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to act.

Proverbs 3

27 Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due,
    when it is in your power to act.
28 Do not say to your neighbor,
    “Come back tomorrow and I’ll give it to you”—
    when you already have it with you.  

God has blessed me I believe with a heart to encourage...yet I decide too often that I don't want to use my gifts because I don't feel like it or I don't feel like I have time.  I think about relationships in my life where I can be more encouraging - even with Lisa.  I am too critical when I should be encouraging.  

My Prayer: Lord, You encourage me every day and all the time - the beauty of Your creation, Your word, song, prayer, fellowship of a friend/family, etc.  That You do all of this for me is amazing.  More amazing to me because my faith is weak and I am selfish and sinful.  I continue to be weak in prayer - I am supposed to pray often for others but I don't.  Thank You for all of Your grace and love despite who I am and what I do.  Please forgive me and help build my faith and my prayer life.  Help me be more like You.