Thursday, August 30, 2012

Better to meet a bear robbed of her cubs than a fool bent on folly.

Proverbs 17

Better to meet a bear robbed of her cubs than a fool bent on folly. v12

I am reading The Good and Beautiful God right now and one of things that the author indicates as being key to spiritual growth (along with our narratives of God and the Holy Spirit) is "social context".  

It is important to have brothers and sisters in my life that both challenge and support me in my effort to grow in Christ.

In the above verse it becomes more clear to me that social context is important.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, I am amazed that You love me because I am so fool hearty....and that does not even begin to describe my sin.  How incredible You are.  I am full of anger and impatience as I was yesterday with my boss at work.  I am thankful that You love me anyway but please please forgive me.  Help me find others who can both challenge and support my efforts to growth in Christ.