Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Whoever conceals hatred with lying lips and spreads slander is a fool.

Proverbs 10

Hatred stirs up conflict,
    but love covers over all wrongs.(v12)

...

Whoever heeds discipline shows the way to life,
    but whoever ignores correction leads others astray. (v17)

...

Whoever conceals hatred with lying lips
    and spreads slander is a fool. (v18)

...

Sin is not ended by multiplying words,
    but the prudent hold their tongues.(v19)


 Today's reading provides many useful words for me particularly v18 given my sin yesterday to speak ill of a colleague.  V19 is also interesting given I did not see any meaning  at first glance - yet a quick web search for addl commentary revealed something interesting - that this verse is an admonition to no explain away or rationalize/justify our sin.  Let is stand alone and seek forgiveness for what it plainly is - SIN!

My Prayer: Lord, You are SO patient with me.  You instruct me, speak to me, and of course You love me.  Yet many times or even most of the time I sin or I am disobedient.  How sinful I am!  I thank You that You love me anyway, that You love me anyway, and that You are so patient with me.  Please forgive me for speaking ill of my colleague and help me become more pure - more like You Jesus.