Thursday, June 5, 2014

"In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”

Luke 15


"In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.” v10

...

"But we had to celebrate and be glad, because this brother of yours was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’” v32

As I read these parables I not only get the importance of saving ALL those who are lost but also not applying judgment to those in terms of saving who is worth saving once they repent?  I often judge people either implicitly or explicitly by not pursuing them.  This is wrong...I need to pursue as many lost souls as possible.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You knew everything about me yet You continued to pursue me and bring me into Your kingdom.  What a great God You are!  I am not worth such love, blessing and effort.  I am judgemental either with my thoughts, words or actions.  I know this is sinful so thank You for your love despite my sin.  Please forgive me and help me turn from such sin.  Help me be the man You intend for me.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.