Thursday, June 19, 2014

"For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

Luke 18


"For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.” v14

There is ample mention in scripture for humility.  The most striking discussion of humility comes from the Sermon on the Mount in Matthew 5:


“Blessed are the poor in spirit,

    for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." v3


Humility is a critical step in your faith journey and one which must be acknowledged daily...it leads to a total dependence on and desperation for Jesus Christ. 

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are indeed worthy of my worship...perfect in every way and not in need of anything or anyone to make You complete.  You are not only complete but also pure, holy, and blameless.  And You know everything about me, sin and all, yet You still suffered and died for me, and You love me.  Amazing.  Because I continue to be selfish and quick to anger I am worthy of such love.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus and help me turn from such sin.  Help me be the man You intend for me.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.