Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Yet they could not find any way to do it, because all the people hung on his words.

Luke 19

Yet they could not find any way to do it, because all the people hung on his words. v48

Jesus is power...he is the Messiah, creator of the universe and all of its inhabitants and everything in the skies above and depths below.  As I posted yesterday, Jesus demands our attention and priority.  The Pharisees tried to kill Jesus upon his arrival in Jerusalem but because everyone "hung on His words" their plans were thwarted.  Jesus ultimately was murdered by the Jews but it is because Jesus' willingly submitted to His Father in Heaven who gave up His one and only son...for us.  

I need to recognize the power of Jesus and crave a relationship with Him...daily and more often than that.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are indeed power.  There is no power like You.  I need no other God but You.  You are the source of all and I need nothing else.  Thank You for Your love and blessing despite my sin...my impatience, my lust, anger, etc.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me turn towards You and away from my sin.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.