Tuesday, June 17, 2014

"Whoever tries to keep their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life will preserve it."

Luke 17

"Whoever tries to keep their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life will preserve it." v33

I have a new perspective on this passage that shows up elsewhere in terms of humility and what it means to follow Jesus.  We must live life with the end in mind so when Jesus comes again we will be ready to brought home to Him.  Bring ready means "losing one's life" or "not submitting all aspects of your life to Jesus".  I pray I can lead a life of readiness.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a just God, full of compassion, mercy, patience, etc.  You have blessed me with patience, compassion, mercy, etc. well beyond what I deserve.  I neglect You and pursue other matters - work, leisure, etc.  This is sinful and I am deeply sorry Jesus.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me.  Help me turn from such sin and help me be the man You intend for me.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.