Tuesday, September 30, 2014

“Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them."

John 14

“Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them." v23

In the context of the previous verses below, it is greatly encouraging that Jesus provides us with the Holy Spirit...that He is always with us.

“If you love me, keep my commands. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. v15-18

To keep Jesus' commands I must of course know them...and this means reading His word, studying it, reflecting on it, and applying it.

My Prayer:  Lord Jesus, You are indeed great - You created the universe and everything in it...You created me, and all of humanity that we can love and support one another with our unique giftings.  What an amazing design!  You certainly don't need me but You love me and suffered and died for me.  You left me the Holy Spirit that is You always with me.  I just need to be more mindful of this. Yet often times I am not as I worry too much, or sin in other ways.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me for such sin and help me turn away from sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me keep Your commands.