Friday, September 26, 2014

"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am."

John 14

"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." v3

As Jesus shares the news of his impending death (and resurrection), He comforts His disciples as a father comforts His child.  This is greatly comforting...particularly when we feel surrounded by dark influences and we need the peace that only Jesus Christ can provide.

See also here and here.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are worthy of my praise and worship because You are always with me...as You have promised all Your children and You promise to me.  That You are always with me...despite how I disappoint You (often)....and that You never break Your promises...is amazing.  I am not worth such love and blessing.  I worry far too much about far too many things.  I'm not even supposed to worry - You tell me not to.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me and help me turn from such sin.  Help me instead turn towards You and help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength. Help me love others as You do and help me grow in my faith.