Friday, September 12, 2014

"What are we accomplishing?” they asked. “Here is this man performing many signs. If we let him go on like this, everyone will believe in him, and then the Romans will come and take away both our temple and our nation.”

John 11

"What are we accomplishing?” they asked. “Here is this man performing many signs. If we let him go on like this, everyone will believe in him, and then the Romans will come and take away both our temple and our nation.” v47-48

The chief priests, the Pharisees, and the Sanhedrin all got together and despite having a very good understanding of Jesus' power and having a very good sense of who He was, decided that THEIR power was more important than belief in Jesus and the blessings available to those who believe in Him.  To me, the implication is clear: do I also hold on to aspects of my life where I want control and power vs complete submission to Jesus?...I hope and pray not.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are indeed great and all knowing and powerful.  You also love me, despite knowing everything about me - good and bad.  You are constantly blessing me and showing me kindness, patience, gentleness, etc.  You bless me beyond what I deserve Jesus!  I continue to be quick to anger, slow to listen, and I am impatient.  Thank You that You love me anyway Jesus but please forgive me for these sins and help me instead turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength and help me love others as myself.  Help me also grow in my faith.