Wednesday, September 10, 2014

“Let us also go, that we may die with him.”

John 11

“Let us also go, that we may die with him.” v16

Thomas expresses pessimism that a visit back to Judea with Jesus will put them in harm's way.  He is often referred to as "Doubting Thomas".  I too am too often pessimistic and I need encouragement and peace that God can see me through all circumstances, regardless of my circumstances.

Give thanks in all circumstances because that is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:18

My Prayer: Lord, You are all powerful and able to do anything.  Yet I often do not have faith.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus.  Help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as myself.  Help me grow in my faith.