Tuesday, September 23, 2014

" Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them."

John 13

" Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them." v17

After Jesus washes His disciples feet at the Last Supper, he implores them to serve others as a reflection of their love for others and as an expression of Jesus' command from Matthew 22:37-40 to "[l]ove your neighbor as yourself".    Today's study builds on yesterday's post to act on your faith.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are indeed great and it is amazing how wide and deep Your love is for me.  I am sinful person yet You love me, and You even suffered and died for me.  You want me to serve others as You do yet I often don't for all kinds of stupid excuses.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive my selfishness.  Help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as myself and help me grow in my faith.