Wednesday, September 3, 2014

"Very truly I tell you, whoever obeys my word will never see death."

John 8

"Very truly I tell you, whoever obeys my word will never see death.” v51

If there ever was a single verse that could provide hope even in the darkest of places...this is it.  Jesus says that even when faced with death, we too can beat death by believing in Him.  We will of course lose our earthly self but find ourselves in Heaven with Jesus.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You indeed are a great God full of love and compassion...even for me.  This is true despite my sin...I am not worth such love and blessing because of my sin - my impatience, my anger, my selfishness, etc.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus.  Help me be the man You intend for me.  Help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as myself.  Help me grow in my faith.