Wednesday, September 17, 2014

"See, this is getting us nowhere. Look how the whole world has gone after him!”

John 12

"See, this is getting us nowhere. Look how the whole world has gone after him!” v17

What is interesting about this statement is the extent to which the Pharisees misunderstood Jesus and what Jesus wants us to do to glorify Him.   The Pharisees focused on their own power and the threat that Jesus posed - yet Jesus was focused on servant leadership and humility so that we can allow God to work through us. 

For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:10

...

“So the last will be first, and the first will be last.” Matthew 20:16


My Prayer: Lord, You are great and I have witnessed with my own eyes Your strength when I submit to You and allow You to work in my heart and life.  You have blessed me beyond what I deserve...I am poor in spirit but rich in blessings due to Your love.  Yet I continue to sin...I worry, I am lazy, impatient, quick to anger, and slow to listen...among my many sins.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me for these sins and help me turn from them and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as myself and help me grow in my faith.