Monday, September 15, 2014

So from that day on they plotted to take his life.

John 11

So from that day on they plotted to take his life. v53

Critical to this passage is the following: 


Then one of them, named Caiaphas, who was high priest that year, spoke up, “You know nothing at all! You do not realize that it is better for you that one man die for the people than that the whole nation perish.”
 
He did not say this on his own, but as high priest that year he prophesied that Jesus would die for the Jewish nation, and not only for that nation but also for the scattered children of God, to bring them together and make them one. v49-52

Caiaphas of course was not the only person to prophesize about the coming of Jesus.  John of course did and so did many of the Old Testament prophets such as Isaiah.  The chief priests, Pharisees, Sadducees, etc. knew this also but denied Truth...to their own peril.  The implication for me is - to what extent do I know and understand truth yet sin in direct conflict with this truth?  It happens that is for sure...I am no less guilty than those who put Jesus to death.

My Prayer: Lord, that You love me is amazing because indirectly or directly I caused Your death.  My actions necessitated Your death on the cross...all because You love me.  I am not worth such love Jesus.  I am selfish, greedy, impatient, angry, etc.  Yet You love me anyway.  Thank You Jesus.  Please forgive me for these sins and help me turn from such sin.  Help me turn towards You and help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as myself...and help me grow in my faith.