Thursday, September 18, 2014

“Now my soul is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save me from this hour’?

John 12

“Now my soul is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save me from this hour’? v27

Jesus knows everything about us and He knows everything we experience.  He not only understands (sympathize) but He experienced first hand (empathize) what we experience in terms of trials and suffering.  We can come to Him with anything and everything knowing with confidence that He understands exactly what we are going through as He has gone through the same circumstances.  His ability to empathize combined with His presence at all times is a gift beyond what we deserve.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are indeed great - for too many reasons for me to list.  You are always available to us and You know everything that we have and will experience.  We can come to You because You will always have answers, truth, comfort, guidance, gentleness, compassion, etc.  I am not deserving of such love and blessing.  I continue to worry, be selfish, anger too quickly, not listen enough, etc.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me for such sin.  Help me turn from such sins and help me instead turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength and help me love others as myself.  Help me grow in my faith.