Thursday, September 4, 2014

"...but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him."

John 9

"...but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him." v3

God works in mysterious ways and we (I know I do!) often don't understand why God is doing what he is doing. John 9:3 offers as good an explanation as any to why He does what He does.  Perhaps another way of saying this would be that God does what He does so that He can bring others to Him as believers.

We as believers often have many questions - we may not have all of the answers but we do have certainty in what Jesus says and in Jesus Himself.  We should focus on where we do have certainty and believe and trust in Jesus for the rest.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You indeed are great...worthy of my love and attention, worship and thanks...and so much more.  Yet I often neglect You and what You ask of me.  I am not worthy of the love and blessing You provide me.  I also am full of anger, lust, selfishness, pride, etc.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me.  Help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as myself.  Help me grow in my faith.