Monday, June 15, 2015

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God[a] may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

2 Timothy 3

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. v16-17

Paul is saying that Scripture is God and by implication from God.  Paul also writes that the Bible is from God here.  The author of Hebrews also says that the Word of God is alive and active.  And the Word of God is prepared for us so that we be equipped to glorify Him because that is why we exist.

My Prayer: Lord, You are an awesome God and You exist and are alive as You have before time began and You will after time is over.  You created all things and You are in all things.  You control everything and You are gentle, compassionate, caring, patient, etc.  Thank You for such love and blessing but I am not worth such love and blessing.  I am selfish, in my thoughts but also in my actions.  Please forgive me Jesus!  Help me overcome such sin and help me turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa comfort, strength, and freedom from pain.  Praise that she is home and feeling better.  Please heal and cure her of this cancer. Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Praise that You were able to bring Will and Eunice here safely and praise for our church family, friends and neighbors.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.