Thursday, June 25, 2015

Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will perish by following their example of disobedience.

Hebrews 4

Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will perish by following their example of disobedience. v11

God wants us to focus on His greatness, His holiness, on how special he is.  The Sabbath exists for this purpose (and other purposes).  We are to worship Him and focus on His greatness, etc.  

My Prayer: Lord, You are great and Your works are great.  You are deserving of rest and created the Sabbath for this purpose.  You also gave us the Sabbath so that we can rest and so that we can glorify You - because You are worthy of our worship.  We need to worship You because of who You are for us.  You died on the cross for us...for me specifically.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such an act.  I am still very much quick to anger and slow to listen.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from such sin towards You.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me keep the Sabbath holy.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength, comfort, and freedom from pain.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.