Monday, June 1, 2015

Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

1 Timothy 5

Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever. v8

Paul wants us to care for others, in particular widows and elders.  In this verse he is talking specifically for relatives who are older - my mother in my case and Lisa in the case of Zach.  

This is one of the ten commandments:


Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you. Exodus 20:12

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God, full of love, compassion, gentleness - ALL of the fruits of the Spirit.  You are patient with me and You honor me I know.  Yet I am weak and disobedient and I have not always honored my own mom or dad or other family members.  Thank You Jesus for Your gentleness in dealing with me but please forgive me!  Help me overcome my sin and turn towards You instead.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith. Help me honor my family by serving them.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of this cancer.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.