Tuesday, June 16, 2015

The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom.

2 Timothy 4

The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. v18

There is indeed a battle for my soul, fought by God and the forces of evil.  This battle is being waged not only for my soul, but also for the souls of those in my care - in my household - Lisa, Zach and Dustin.

We have been told many times by Paul, James, and others that we will face trials, suffering, persecution, evil...so we must be prepared.

See Ephesians 6, Deuteronomy 20:3-4

Lord Jesus, Give me strength to fight and win this battle - leaning on you.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You ARE incredible in all that You are and all that You do.  You bless me beyond what I deserve - You are gentle, compassionate, patient, etc....for me.  I am not worth such love and care.  I continue to think harsh thoughts and sometimes act on these harsh thoughts.  Thank You that You are so gentle, compassionate, patient, etc. with me but please forgive me!  Help me overcome and turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Protect me from evil. Give Lisa strength, comfort, and freedom from pain.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.