Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Son though he was, he learned obedience from what he suffered and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him and was designated by God to be high priest in the order of Melchizedek.

Hebrews 5

Son though he was, he learned obedience from what he suffered and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him and was designated by God to be high priest in the order of Melchizedek. v8-10

Jesus was given a responsibility by God the Father and although the responsibility was an enormous one, one that all of us can never truly appreciate, Jesus willingly accepted His responsibility and obeyed.  He could have prevented His death on the cross but He did not.  Robert Lewis from Men's Fraternity teaches us that men (as opposed to women) have distinct responsibilities per scripture and from God - this site posts a good summary.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God full of love, gentleness, compassion, patience, mercy, etc....for me specifically.  I desperately need You Jesus.  I am full of anger and rage!  Please forgive me Jesus!  Thank You for the many, many blessings You provide and for Your love and patience with me - I need it and then some!  Please forgive me for me anger and rage and help me overcome and turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me be obedient and accept responsibility for the roles You put me in.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength, comfort and freedom from pain.  Please heal and cure her of this cancer.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.