Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Paul, a servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ to further the faith of God’s elect and their knowledge of the truth that leads to godliness—in the hope of eternal life, which God, who does not lie,

Titus 1

Paul, a servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ to further the faith of God’s elect and their knowledge of the truth that leads to godliness in the hope of eternal life,which God, who does not lie...v1-2

In his greeting to Titus, Paul refers to God and writes that God does not lie...in contrast to every human being who has lied at one point or another in their life.  I am reminded of one of my favorite verses:

For no word from God will ever fail. Luke 1:37

My Prayer: Lord what an awesome God You are...You make promises that You always keep and I can always count on what You say to be Truth...the only Truth that exists under the heavens and the earth.  I am thankful for You and Your Word.  You provide this to me - Thank You Jesus!  I am not worthy of such a gift!  I am selfish and I have harsh thoughts in my head.  Please forgive me!  Help me overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me rely soley on You.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength, comfort and freedom from pain.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.