Friday, June 5, 2015

If anyone teaches otherwise and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching, they are conceited and understand nothing.

1 Timothy 6

If anyone teaches otherwise and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching, they are conceited and understand nothing. v3-4

All understanding - wisdom, knowledge, etc - comes from Jesus Christ.  We cannot claim to have wisdom and knowledge without also claiming that it comes from God alone - otherwise we are incorrectly attributing such understanding to Christ. The second part of these verses is also important...if we make false claims we are not only conceited but foolish!  We must attribute our understanding to Christ!

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17

My Prayer: Lord You are an awesome God and the source of all things.  You have given people understanding, knowledge, wisdom, etc. and these have been great blessings to me and others who are able to use such gifts for Your glory - hopefully.  Thank You Jesus.  Yet I know I sometimes use such understanding for my own glory or I lean too heavily or entirely on my own understanding - and this is sinful.  Please forgive me Jesus.  Help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me lean ONLY on You and Your word.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength, comfort, and freedom from pain.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.