Saturday, June 20, 2015

But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless.

Titus 3

But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless. v9

Although Paul's intent here was to write about the self-righteous Jewish leaders who would argue and focus on the law for the sake of being right.  However, I think this verse can be equally applied towards anyone who focuses their energies on being right and arguing with others to pump themselves up.  I am sometimes guilty of such a sin.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God and You are so full of grace and mercy even though I am not deserving.  Thank You Jesus!  Please forgive me for my self-righteousness.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength. Give Lisa strength, comfort and freedom from pain.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.