Friday, June 26, 2015

For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight.

Hebrews 4

For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. v12-13

The Bible is more than a book - it is God and God is the Bible.  The Bible is all powerful - it can penetrate more than my mind - it can transform my heart and life.  It also reveals to me my sin and my need for Jesus Christ.   I must also understand that God knows all - specifically my sin - He knew everything about my sin even before I was born.  This last point is made in several other places in the Bible:

Psalm 19
Daniel 2
Matthew 10
Luke 8, 12

My Prayer: Lord, You are an awesome God and Your Word is Great - I know that You are the Word and the Word is You.  I am blessed to have Your Word so that I can come to You and read and reflect on Your message for me - I desperately need You in my life because I am sinful and broken.  I am quick to anger and slow to listen.  I am harsh with my thoughts and words.  I often do not work as if I am working for You.  I gossip.  Please forgive me Jesus!  Help me overcome and turn from such sin.  Help me love You with all of my heart soul mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do. Help me grow in my faith. Help me stay near to You and Your Word.  Help me not only read and know the Word but help me DO the Word - do what it says.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength, comfort and freedom from pain.  Please heal and cure her of this cancer.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.