Wednesday, June 3, 2015

The sins of some are obvious, reaching the place of judgment ahead of them; the sins of others trail behind them. In the same way, good deeds are obvious, and even those that are not obvious cannot remain hidden forever.

1 Timothy 5

The sins of some are obvious, reaching the place of judgment ahead of them; the sins of others trail behind them. In the same way, good deeds are obvious, and even those that are not obvious cannot remain hidden forever.  v24-25

Paul encourages Timothy to remain pure and the words above talk to how Timothy should be mindful of humility...that no sin and no good deed goes unnoticed by God and that we cannot escape judgement.  The implied message is also one of humility...that our focus should not be on pleasing others but God...too often we chase earthly approval vs pleasing God.  

Related passages:
Luke 8:17
1 Corinthians 4:5
Daniel 2:21-22
Colossians 3:12
Philippians 2:3-4
Luke 18:14
Acts 20:24 

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords, creator of all things, above all things, before all time and after all time.  There is no God like You.  You are the one true God.  You know everything about me, and You chose me even before I was born, knowing everything about my sin and brokenness.  You have a plan for me and I know it is great.  Yet I too often lack trust and I worry in my heart, etc.  Thank You for dealing with me gently, with patience and compassion.  I am not worth Your love and blessing Jesus!  Please forgive me for my worry.  Help me overcome my sin and turn towards You instead.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of this cancer!  Praise God for how You have worked to reduce the tumor Jesus.  You are a great God - thank You!  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.