Thursday, October 1, 2015

And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands.

2 John 1

And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. v6

In Matthew 22:37-39, Jesus makes it clear that the two greatest commands are to:
- ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’
- ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

He then explains why these two commands are the most important: "All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” (Matthew 22:40).

John understands this and he comes at it from another angle...if we love Jesus and one another, then we will be obedient.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what a great God You are - You provide, heal, guide, comfort, protect...and so much more!  You are the creator of the Heavens and earth and everything in between.  You are pure, holy, and blameless and Your will, designs, plans and works are all perfect!  You know everything about me...yet You love all the same. Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love..I continue to be quick to anger and slow to listen.  Please forgive me Jesus!  Help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my strength.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of this cancer.  Please heal and strength Linda.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.