Friday, October 23, 2015

He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.

Revelation 21

He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away. v4

I read through Revelation chapters 11 through 20 and they were scary and gripping at the same time.  I know that God reigns but it was indeed a bit scary to read through what will happen to those who believe in Christ.  If we don't repent and accept Jesus as our Lord and savior then we will indeed perish...in a quite gruesome manner.  

Yet I know that I am sealed by Christ and eternity in heaven with Him cannot be taken from me.  That however should not stop me from living with the end in mind and always striving to be more like Him and to "make every effort" to glorify Him.  

Heaven will indeed be a glorious place.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are indeed great and You reign...from the beginning of time to the end of time...and You will never leave me or forsake me.  You will be with me until the end of the age.  I know You love me and You bless me richly...more than I deserve.  I am not worth such love and blessing because I worry.  Forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of this cancer.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.