Friday, October 2, 2015

I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.

3 John 1

I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth. v4

As a father, I focus on many things that distract me from my God-given role to point my children to Christ:
- These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the door-frames of your houses and on your gates. Deuteronomy 6:6-9
- Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Deuteronomy 11:18-19
- Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it. Proverbs 22:6
- Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord. Ephesians 6:4

Jesus, please help me focus on being a dad as You intend for me.

My Prayer: Jesus, what an amazing God You are...You are the ultimate Father....slow to anger, quick to listen, always available for me, constantly teaching and guiding me, full of compassion, patience, etc.  Thank You Jesus for being such a great Father!  I am not worth such a God...such a Heavenly Father...I have lust in my heart...please forgive me Jesus and help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do. Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure Lisa of this cancer.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.