Tuesday, October 6, 2015

These people are grumblers and faultfinders; they follow their own evil desires; they boast about themselves and flatter others for their own advantage.

Jude 1

These people are grumblers and faultfinders; they follow their own evil desires; they boast about themselves and flatter others for their own advantage. v16

Holy cow - Jude is referring to me!  I am a grumbler and faultfinder and and oft-repeated prayer of mine is that I stop being critical and harsh of others, particularly those in my family.  I need to use words to encourage not tear down.  I need to choose my words carefully.  Help me Jesus!

See also Proverbs 17, Romans 14, John 4, Ephesians 4, and 1 Peter 4 among some of the scripture references that offer my help this morning.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God and Your words have authority - they are Truth...I DO need to speak as if You are speaking.  I very often use words to grumble and to find fault...please forgive me Jesus!  I don't want to tear others down but instead love!  Help me Jesus!  Help me overcome such sin, turn from it, and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of this cancer.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.