Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith.

The Darkness Within

Hebrews 12:1-2
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. 

Today's devotional focuses on the extent to which all of us get caught up in sin - even though we may not even be aware.  I know for myself that I am easily distracted...I worry too much and this causes me to be distracted.  I also too often focus on the world even though I know that is sinful and God's desire for me - as it indicates in today's scripture - is to focus on Him.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God and You have done SO much in my heart and in m life, blessing me beyond what I could imagine is possible.  I am blessed with You in my heart and my life...Thank for for calling me one of Your children and for guiding and protecting me.  Yet I am easily distracted by the world and I too often worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me fix my eyes on You.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.