Thursday, October 8, 2015

Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.

Revelation 1

Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near. v3

Building on my post yesterday about living with the end in mind, I start the book of Revelation and John encourages me, and all of us, to "hear and take to heart" what we read.  The end is indeed near, regardless of how we go home to Jesus, whether by death or the rapture, we must live with the end in mind.  God calls all of us to "go and make disciples of all nations":

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.  Matthew 28:19-20

Whatever trepidation we might have, God soothes us with His encouraging words that He is with us always....

My Prayer: Lord what an awesome God You are that You would suffer and die for me knowing everything about me, including my sin!  That You are always available for me and that You entrust me with part of Your plan...that You chose me to be part of Your team...that You see me as pure, holy, blameless in Your sight...I am not worth such a God!  Thank You Jesus for the many blessings You pour out for me yet again I am not worth such blessings...I am lazy, quick to anger, slow to listen...etc.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith. Help me play Your intended role for me in the Great Commission.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.