Monday, October 26, 2015

“Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done.

Revelation 22

 “Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. v12

Judgement day is made explicit by Christ in the above verse and it is encouraging, motivating, and somewhat scary all at the same time.  Encouraging to the extent that I will be rewarded for how I did live with the end in mind, motivating to the extent that I need to wake up much like the churches in Sardis or Laodicea Revelation 3, and scary to the extent that I have NOT lived with the end in mind.

Help me live with the end in mind and "make every effort".
 
My Prayer: Lord, You have made every effort for me and You have provided me with life...in abundance...so that I could live to bring others to You and glorify You.  What a great God You are, as You are so full of patience, compassion, mercy, etc. I am not worth such blessings....I worry, I am prideful, etc.  Please forgive me Jesus!  Help me overcome and turn from my sin.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of this cancer.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.