Saturday, October 8, 2016

And he has raised up for his people a horn, the praise of all his faithful servants, of Israel, the people close to his heart.

Psalm 148

And he has raised up for his people a horn, the praise of all his faithful servants, of Israel, the people close to his heart. v14

I know I am close to God's heart, and I know I exist to glorify God.  I know God strengthens me and sent His Son Jesus (The Horn of Salvation) to save me from the sting of sin and death.  I know God wants me to love Him with all of my heart, soul, and mind; and to love others as He loves me.  I know that God wants me to depend on Him for all things and through this dependence on Him we allow Him the glory for what He does in our lives.

See also post here.

If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 4:11

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. Do not cause anyone to stumble, whether Jews, Greeks or the church of God— even as I try to please everyone in every way. For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.   1 Corinthians 10:31-33

John 15:16

Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Romans 12:1

My Prayer: Lord, You are an awesome God worthy of my praise and full attention.  You provide for all of my needs...and you strengthen me...You are the Horn...My Strength and the One and Only True God.  Thank You Jesus for being my God and for adopting me as Your son.  I desperately need You in my life to cleanse my sins.  I worry too much.  Please forgive me. Help me overcome and turn from my sin and turn towards You. Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength. Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.