Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to act.

Proverbs 3

Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to act. v27

Needs can be visible and less visible (although rarely invisible).  Whether it is a physical or emotional need, there are needs all around us and it is important to be both aware and attentive to the needs around us.  In our family, in our neighborhood, at work, at church, etc. we must see everyone as God sees them as worthy of a savior as we are.  

The good referred to in today's verse can be encouragement, fellowship, or it can be kindness in any number of ways - physical needs, etc.

See also posts from:
1 John 3
Jude 1

In particular, this morning the following verse pricks my heart:

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others. Philippians 2:3-4

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who came not to be served but to serve.  You serve me every day and You suffered and died for me....and You continue to pour out Your love, compassion, patience, mercy, etc. for me even though I am totally undeserving.  Thank You Jesus!  Please forgive me for my worry and my stress.  Help me overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.