Sunday, October 2, 2016

Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom. One generation commends your works to another; they tell of your mighty acts.

Psalm 145

Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom. One generation commends your works to another; they tell of your mighty acts. v3-4

As a father I am commanded to instruct my children in the ways of the Lord.  I know I had frustrations growing up and biblical instructions and setting an example of biblical manhood address these frustrations.

Fathers,do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord. Ephesians 6:4

 These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Deuteronomy 6:7

Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it. Proverbs 22:6
 
My Prayer:  Lord, You have instructed me like no other person can.  You do not exasperate me...instead You provide and lift me up...You direct my steps and hold my life together.  Thank You Jesus.  I am not worth such love.  I worry...I am selfish.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and serve You. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.