Friday, September 30, 2016

Lord, what are human beings that you care for them, mere mortals that you think of them? They are like a breath; their days are like a fleeting shadow.

Psalm 144

Lord, what are human beings that you care for them, mere mortals that you think of them?  They are like a breath; their days are like a fleeting shadow. v3-4

The creator of the universe, who holds all things together (Colossians 1:16-18), does not need humans.  Yet He loves us, and does more than think of us; He died for our sins and saves us from the sting of sin and death.  And He protects, provides, guides, etc. We must focus on how we exist BECAUSE of and FOR Him.  We must also think about how we must focus on the eternal - that He is eternal, and we live for riches in Heaven, not here on earth.

Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. Matthew 6:19-20

We must live with the end in mind.  See also post here

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who provides, protects, teaches, loves, etc.  All of this for people like me who are undeserving!  Thank You Jesus...for all that You do and all that You are.  I know You always with me.  Thank You.  Please forgive me for my stress and worry.  Help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo. Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.