Thursday, September 29, 2016

Teach me to do your will, for you are my God[.]

Psalm 143

Teach me to do your will, for you are my God[.] v10

David seeks to do God's will...although not always - this is a post for another day.  For today, the message from David is the former...that we exist to glorify God. 


They are the shoot I have planted, the work of my hands, for the display of my splendor. Isaiah 60:21

If we exist to glorify God, then we should focus on our energies on understanding and following God's will for our lives.  Paul tells us that by drawing near to God, in prayer, study of His Word, silence, and through other spiritual disciplines, we can better understand Him and His will for our lives.

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2

My Prayer: Lord, Your Will for my life is to prosper me and not to harm me.  I know this.  And I know that I exist to glorify You and You are worthy of my worship.  You also bless me beyond what I deserve - thank You Jesus.  I am not worthy of Your love, compassion and blessings. I fall short of the man You intend me to be.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome my sin and turn towards You. Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength. Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo. Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.