Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Blessed are all who fear the Lord, who walk in obedience to him.

Psalm 128

Blessed are all who fear the Lordwho walk in obedience to him. v1

I am already blessed! And what a promise!

You will eat the fruit of your labor; blessings and prosperity will be yours. Your wife will be like a fruitful vine within your house; your children will be like olive shoots around your table. Yes, this will be the blessing for the man who fears the Lord. v2-4


I desire to be blessed in such a man but I know I am a work in progress - my focus must not be on the blessing but on glorifying God and serving Him.  I must endure and persist.

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.  fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.  Hebrews 12:1-2

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God, You created all things, are in all things, and hold all things together.  You love me and are so full of patience, compassion, and mercy for me.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love and blessing.  I am harsh with my words and actions and impatient.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome my sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin, and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.