Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.

Psalm 139

Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?  If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. v7-10

We often want to hide and flee from God - because our sin is something we know disappoints Him.  Yet not only does this further separate us from God but it is not possible!  

And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age. Matthew 28:20

You, God, know my folly; my guilt is not hidden from you. Psalm 69:5 
 
"For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open." Luke 8:17
 
God is not only with us, seeing our sin, but He wants us to run back into His arms to seek forgiveness - as this is why He came for us.  See verse 9 and also the story of the Prodigal Son.
 
 My Prayer: What an awesome God You are Jesus that You welcome us back into Your arms time and time again...You are so full of compassion and love for us....for me.  Thank You Jesus.  Yet I am not worth such love.  I worry too much and stress out too much.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength. Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.