Wednesday, September 28, 2016

“You are my refuge, my portion in the land of the living.”

Psalm 142

“You are my refuge, my portion in the land of the living.” v5

God is without a doubt our protector.  He also provides - all things (James 1:17). In times of distress as David was in when he wrote this psalm, he drew upon the only thing he had left - his God.  Matthew Henry's commentary provides great insight into David's experience here.  There will be many times in our lives when circumstances are difficult and others, including those close to you, let you down.  Yet David reminds us that it is in these times when when we have clarity how great God is and how we should place our hope in Him alone - for He is always with us and He will never forsake us.

Never will I leave you;
    never will I forsake you.” Hebrews 13:5

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are my rock, my provision, and my hope.  You have seen me through many difficult times and You have never forsaken me.  Thank You Jesus.  I am not worth such love - I know I have disappointed You and let You down but You never will.  Thank You Jesus. I need You desperately for my sins...to cleanse me and to help me defeat the sting of sin and death.  Please forgive me for my worry and stress.  Help me overcome my sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects of chemo. Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.