Monday, September 12, 2016

But I have calmed and quieted myself, I am like a weaned child with its mother; like a weaned child I am content.

Psalm 131

But I have calmed and quieted myself, I am like a weaned child with its mother; like a weaned child I am content. v2

Life seems chaotic many days - out of control.  Uttering such a statement implies that I should be in control, and that I can hold things together.  What foolishness!

For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.  Colossians 1:16-17


Great peace have those who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble. Psalm 119:165
 
My peace should be in God alone for only He is able to guide my life and provide me with peace as no one person or thing can here on earth.
 
The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace. Romans 8:6
 
My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God full of love and compassion for me.  You hold all things together and provide me with rest and peace that I can find no where else under the heavens.  Thank You Jesus for being my God and for blessing me - You bless me well beyond what I deserve.  I worry too much - please forgive me. Help me overcome and turn from such sin and turn towards You. Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith. Give me strength. Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and serve You. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.