Monday, September 26, 2016

May my prayer be set before you like incense; may the lifting up of my hands be like the evening sacrifice.

Psalm 141

May my prayer be set before you like incense; may the lifting up of my hands be like the evening sacrifice. v2

We should strive to offer God our time, our gifts, our prayers, our worship...everything.  We are to "offer [our] bodies as a living sacrifice" (Romans 12:1). 

In Revelation, we also see our prayers offered to God as pleasing to Him:

Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of God’s people. Revelation 5:8

We certainly have much about which we should praise and worship God.  

Another reminder that we exist solely to glorify God.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God, full of love and compassion for me...even though I am not deserving. Thank You Jesus for being so patient with me and for welcoming me back in Your arms, even when I sin.  You bless me abundantly with life to the full - thank You Jesus.  Please forgive me for my anger.  Help me overcome and turn from my anger to You Jesus.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do. Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.