Monday, September 19, 2016

Though the Lord is exalted, he looks kindly on the lowly; though lofty, he sees them from afar.

Psalm 138

Though the Lord is exalted, he looks kindly on the lowly; though lofty, he sees them from afar.  v6

Throughout scripture, we see the glory of God - on Mt Sinai, in all of Jesus miracles, in the final days, etc.  No doubt, He is worthy of our praise and full attention - we are to love Him with all of our heart, soul, and mind (Exodus 20, Matthew 22) - this is, after all, the number one and most important commandment.  At the same time, we have a God - Jesus Christ - that comes to serve us (Mark 10:45) and is willing to humble Himself (on the cross!) and be with us, even though we are all broken (Romans 3:23).  Christ's humility - that He serves us and extends himself to us - is something that we must demonstrate to others.


A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” John 13:34-35

What a great God we have!

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God and worthy of my full attention, worship and love...that You love me is amazing...that You came to serve me, and to suffer and die for me is amazing.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love!  I worry, I am lazy, etc.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in faith.  Give me strength. Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and serve You Jesus.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.