Friday, September 23, 2016

Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Psalm 139

Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. v23-24

We exist to glorify God - it is as simple as that. 

 
[The people] are the shoot I have planted,
the work of my hands,
for the display of my splendor.  Isiah 60: 21
 
If we exist to glorify God - if our mission is to glorify God, then we should have a vision to accomplish this, and we should seek God's guidance in prayer to ensure that our plan is aligned with His desires.  If we have a relationship with Jesus Christ and we have sought renewing of the mind by studying and knowing God's word, then we "will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will" (Romans 12:2).
 
Although we might not welcome tests such as those experienced by Job, we should have no problem asking God to test us, to perfect us, to refine us.  After all, this process will be good for us, pleasing to God and it helps us further our mission which is to glorify Him.
  
God - test me, purify me, refine me.

My Prayer: Lord You are an awesome God full of love and compassion for me...even though I very often lack compassion for others.  Please forgive me!  Thank You for Your patience but I am not worthy.  Please forgive me.  Help me overcome and turn from my sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and serve You. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.