Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him.

Psalm 127

Children are a heritage from the Lordoffspring a reward from him. v3

I already feel that Zach and Dustin are a heritage, something the dictionary defines as "a special or individual possession; an allotted portion."  I also feel that God HAS rewarded me with Zach and Dustin and I have often articulated in speech how I have become more like Jesus as a result of God providing the blessing of Zach and Dustin.

With Zach, I am developing more grace for him and others.  I have too often been quick to point out his mistakes when I need to be more graceful and forgiving.  I have.  Thank You Jesus.  With Dustin, I am developing more patience.  Thank You Jesus.

Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
    are children born in one’s youth.
Blessed is the man
    whose quiver is full of them.
They will not be put to shame
    when they contend with their opponents in court. v4-5

Both Zach and Dustin, with their lives right now, are a testimony to my life and to Lisa's life.  This is true now and God promises* to use both Zach and Dustin in the future to defend me in times of need.  Thank You Jesus. 

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God full love of love and compassion.  You bless me well beyond what I deserve.  You bless me with family - with Lisa, Zach, and Dustin.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love and blessing.  I am harsh with my words and actions - please forgive Jesus and help me overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.
       
*MacArthur, John (2005-05-10). The MacArthur Bible Commentary (Kindle Locations 23259-23260). Thomas Nelson. Kindle Edition.